The Bihar government on Friday (03.12.2021) promoted five Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officers of 1997 batch to Higher Administrative Grade (Principal Secretary Grade) with effect from January 1, 2022.
The list of officers promoted with their charges includes:
- Santosh Kumar Mall, Secretary, Informational Technology with additional charges of Managing Director, Bihar State Electronics Development Corporation Limited (Beltron), Secretary, Tourism Department, Inquiry Commissioner, General Administration Department (GAD), Resident Commissioner, Bihar Bhawan.
- Pankaj Kumar, Secretary, Backward Classes and Extremely Backward Classes Welfare with additional charges of Managing Director, Bihar State Road Development Corporation and Inquiry Commissioner, General Administration Department.
- Sanjeev Hans, Secretary, Energy Department with additional charges of Chairman-cum-Managing Director (CMD), Bihar State Power (Holding) Company Limited and Secretary, Water Resources Department.
- Safeena A N, Secretary, Minority Welfare with additional charge of Inquiry Commissioner, General Administration Department.
- Robert L Chongthu, Secretary, Governor.