The Uttar Pradesh government on Friday (31.01.2023) made significant changes in the police administration by reshuffling five senior IPS officers. Among these five officers, three are DG-level officers and two are ADG-level officers being assigned to special DG status for the first time.
The names of the officers and their postings are as follows :
- Prashant Kumar (IPS:1990:UP), ADG, Law and Order, has been posted as Spl. DG, Law and Order and Spl DG, Crime with given additional charge of Spl. DG, EOW.
- Vijay Kumar (IPS:1988:UP), DG, CBCID, has been given additional charge of Director, Vigilance.
- Anand Kumar (IPS:1988:UP), DG, Prisons Administration & Reform Services, has been transferred and posted as DG, Cooperative Cell.
- S N Sabat (IPS:1990:UP), DG, UP Power Corporation has been transferred and posted as DG, Prisons Administration & Reform Services.
- MK Banshal (IPS:1990:UP), ADG, Crime has been transferred and posted as Spl. DG, UP Power Corporation.
Also Read: UP: RK Vishwakarma is new officiating DGP
Also Read: UP: Six IPS officers promoted to Spl. DG rank
Also Read: UP: Waiting time will be longer for full-time DGP