The Punjab Government on Monday promoted seven Additional Director Generals of Police (ADGPs) (1993 batch) to the rank of DGP. The state government’s decision took the number of DGPs to 13, an all-time high in the state. It was 12 in 2017.
The names of the officers promoted to DGP rank;
- Gurpreet Deo, ADGP, Community Affairs Division (CAD) & Women Affairs.
- Varinder Kumar, Chief Director Vigilance Bureau.
- Ishawar Singh, ADGP, Human Resource Development
- Jitendra Kumar Jain, ADGP, PSPCL.
- Satish Kumar Asthana, ADGP, Policy & Rules.
- Shashi Prabha Dwivedi, ADGP, Railways.
- RN Dhoke, ADGP, Internal Security.
ADGP law and order Arpit Shukla is the only 1993-batch IPS officer whose elevation has been kept pending due to a case in the Punjab and Haryana high court.
10 IPS officers of the state are already serving in the rank of DGP out of which four- Samant Goyal (IPS:1984:PB) (RAW Chief), Dinkar Gupta (IPS:1984:PB) (NIA Chief), Parag Jain (IPS:1989:PB) (Additional Secretary), and Harpreet Sidhu (IPS:1992:PB) are serving on central deputation. VK Bhawra (IPS:1987:PB) (Chairman, Punjab Police Housing Corporation), Prabodh Kumar (IPS:1988:PB) (DGP Human Rights), Sanjeev Kalra (IPS:1989:PB) (Special DGP Home Guards), Sharad Satya Chauhan (IPS:1992:PB) (MD, Punjab Police Housing Corporation), Gaurav Yadav (IPS:1992:PB) (Acting DGP), and Kuldeep Singh (IPS:1992:PB) (Special DGP STF against drugs) are serving in the state.