Country’s largest public sector oil and gas explorer Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) will get its new full-time chairman and managing director (CMD) this week. Sources in the government said that (Public Enterprise Selection Board) PESB, which is holding interviews to select a replacement for Shashi Shanker who retired March-end this year, will select the new head for ONGC on Friday, June 4.
Since April, Subhash Kumar, director for finance and senior most director on ONGC board, has been given additional charge of CMD, ONGC.
PESB has shortlisted 10 candidates for selection of head of the oil and gas major. They are ;
- Avinash Joshi (IAS:1994:AM), Principal Secretary, Government of Assam.
- Niraj Verma (IAS:1994:AM), Principal Secretary, Government of Assam.
- Pomila Jaspal, Director, Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd (MRPL).
- OP Singh, Director ONGC
- Sandeep Gupta, Executive Director, ONGC.
- Pankaj Kumar, Executive Director, ONGC.
- Omkar Nath Gyanni, Executive Director, ONGC.
- Anand Gupta, Additional Director General, ONGC,
- Ajay Agarwal, Director (Finance), Security Printing and Minting Corp of India Ltd (SPMCIL);
- Manoj Kumar Dubey, Director (Finance), CONCOR.
The appointment process for ONGC has got delayed as the selection board PESB did not have a chairman till April this year when Mallika Srinivasan, chairman and managing director of Tractors and Farm Equipment (TAFE) Ltd, was given the position.
In normal times, selection process of the head of a PSUs begins much before the retirement of sitting CMD so that there is continuity in the succession plan at the helm of a company. (IANS)