The Union government on Tuesday (31.05.2022) notified the appointment of nine Additional Judges of the Madras High Court as Permanent Judges of that High Court with effect from the date they assume charge of their respective offices.
These nine judges are ;
- Justice Govindarajulu Chandrasekharan
- Justice Veerasamy Sivagnanam
- Justice Ganesan Ilangovan
- Justice Smt. Ananthi Subramanian
- Justice Smt. Kannammal Shanmuga Sundaram
- Justice Sathi Kumar Sukumara Kurup
- Justice Murali Shankar Kuppuraju
- Justice Smt. Manjula Ramaraju Nalliah
- Justice Smt. Thamilselvi T. Valayapalayam,
The government also extended the appointment of Justice A.A. Nakkiran as Additional Judge of the Madras High Court for another period of one year.
The Supreme Court Collegium had recommended names for appointment as Permanent Judges and for extension of term as Additional Judge on May 10 2022.