The Appointment Committee of the Cabinet headed by Prime Minister on September 18 cleared the appointment of 18 Joint Secretaties.
Of these, 11 officers are from Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and six from other civil services. The appointments are as follows:
(1) Anil Malik (IAS-1991; HY) will be Joint Secretary in Ministry of Home Affairs.
(2) Vivek Bharadwaj (IAS-1990; WB)has been appointed as Joint Secretary in Ministry of Home Affairs.
(3) Anurag Agarwal (IAS-1990; PB), also from the same service, has been appointed Joint Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs.
(4) Dr. N Sarvana Kumar (IAS-2000; BH), appointed as Joint Secretary, Department of Higher Education..
(5) Ruchika Chaudhry Govil (IRS IT-1990), an officer of Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax cadre), has been named Joint Secretary, Ministry of Steel.
(6) Manohar Agnani (IAS-1993; MP) will be Joint Secretary in Department of Health and Family Welfare.
(7) Vijoy Kumar Singh (IAS-1990; PB) has been named as Joint Secretary, DoPT
(8) Amit Sahai (IFoS-1987; AM), an Indian Forest Service officer, will be Joint Secretary, Department of Defence Production.
(9) Ravinesh Kumar (IDAS-1994), an officer of Indian Defence Accounts Service, has been named Financial Advisor (JS Level), National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), under Ministry of Home Affairs.
(10) Sanjay Goel (IRTS-1991) has been appointed Joint Secretary in Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology.
(11) Gopalakrishnan S (IAS-1991; TN) has been appointed Joint Secretary in Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology.
(12) Anuradha Thakur (IAS-1994; HP) will be Joint Secretary, Department of Investment and Public Asset Management.
(13) Kalpana Rajsinghot (IPoS-1992) have been appointed Joint Secretary in Ministry of Labour and Employment
(14) Manju Pandey (IPoS-1989) appointed as Joint Secretary , Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
(15) Niranjan Kumar Sudhansu (IAS-2000; MH) will be Joint Secretary, Ministry of Coal.
(16) S Suresh Kumar (IAS-2000; AP) has been appointed Additional CEO ( JS Level), Government e-marketplace Special Purpose Vehicle— a portal to procure goods and services by all government departments and public sector undertakings, under Department of Commerce.
(17) IAS officer Rajiv Arora, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Labour and Employment has been sent back to his cadre state Haryana before completion of his central deputation tenure.