After the ouster of CBI Director Alok Verma and Special Director Rakesh Asthana (24 October 2018) the charges and responsibilities of as many as fourteen senior officers have been reshuffled ‘with immediate effect’ terming them ‘in public interest’.
1. A. K Sharma (JD, Policy) has been transferred to the Multi Disciplinary Monitoring Agency (MDMA).
2. A Sai Manohar has been made Joint Director of Chandigarh Zone, but he will continue to remain in CBI headquqrters in Delhi and hold additional charge of SIT and TFC (Technical Forensics and Coordination) Zone.
3. Amit Kumar, DIG Economics Offences III unit, has been given the additional charge of office of Joint Director Policy vice A K Sharma.
4. V Murugesan, Joint Director AC-II (HQ), has been given the additional charge of AC-I (HQ) New Delhi. He will continue to hold the charge of Economics Offences-II Branch New Delhi.
5. S S Gurm (Add.SP, CBI, AC-III), New Delhi has been transferred and posted as CBI, ACB, Jabalpur.
6. A K Bassi (Deputy SP, CBI, AC-III, New Delhi) has been transferred to Port Blair as DSP, CBI, ACB.
7. M K Sinha (DIG AC-III & BSFC) has been transferred from New Delhi to Nagpur and posted as DIG, ACB Nagpur.
8. Tarun Gauba (DIG, ACB Chandigarh) was transferred and posted as DIG, AC-III, New Delhi.
9. Jasbir Singh (DIG, Special Crime-I) has been given the additional charge of BSFC (Banking & Security Fraud).
10 Anish Prasad (DIG, Surveillance Unit-I) has been transferred to the administration and Personnel Department as Deputy Director.
11. K R Chaurasia (DIG, Economics Offences-I unit ) was given the additional charge of DIG/SI-I.
12. Ram Gopal (SCB, Chandigarh) has been given the additional charge of ACB, Chandigarh.
13. Satish Dagar (SP, EO-III, New Delhi) has been transferred and posted as SP, AC-III, New Delhi.
14. Ashwani Gupta, Deputy SP, has been sent back to his parent cadre of Intelligence Bureau.